How To Support Joint Health?
Keeping your joints healthy enables you to run, walk, jump, and play a variety of sports which essentially helps you stay mobile as you age. Maintaining a healthy weight, staying active, having strong muscles and bones, having a correct posture, and having a balanced diet are just some examples of how you can keep your body and joints healthy. Although it may be difficult to prevent certain injuries or avoid getting arthritis, there are several easy steps you can take to protect your joints early on.
- Maintain a healthy weight: When you are overweight your weight-bearing joints including your knees, hips, and back face extra strain and pressure. In fact, studies have found that every kg of excess weight you carry is the equivalent of adding 4kg of pressure on to these weight-bearing joints. By maintaining a healthy weight, you can reduce the extra stress your joints will face, thus reducing the risk later in life of joint damage and thus pain.
- Staying active: It is important to move around during the day to reduce stiffness in your joints. For example, if you are working in an office environment, it is important to get up once every hour and walk around for 5 minutes. Additionally, taking up low impact exercise such as walking, swimming, and stretching enables your joints to stay mobile.
- Having strong muscles and bones: By including strength training in your weekly exercise routine, you can help your joints maintain stability. It is important to do core-strengthening exercises for your back, abdominal and chest muscles and doing this will help to increase balance and reduce falling and other accidents which could cause joint injury.
- Having a correct posture: Being mindful of your posture when you are sitting and standing can prevent increased stress on your joints. Additionally, having a good posture can reduce the risk of injury and damage to surrounding tissue and muscles.
- Having a balanced diet: Foods that are rich in calcium and Vitamin D, including dairy products, can keep your bones strong. Furthermore, foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon as well as other foods including tomatoes, berries, and nuts can help to reduce inflammation in your joints.
When To Take Joint Support
As you age, it becomes increasingly important to support joint health. Studies have found that the sooner you take supplements such as Revive Active Joint Complex and Solgar 7 Joint Complex which are proven to support joint health, the more likely it is that you will be able to avoid painful problems like arthritis later in life. In general, most people reach a nutritional peak at around 25-30 years old. At this age it becomes more important to play closer attention to our diet and lifestyle to reduce the effects of ageing. As you become older your levels of glucosamine decrease which are needed to maintain healthy cartilage, which in turn supports your joints. If you are not supplementing, then it is likely that you will face joint pain and aching once you approach or pass the age of 35.
Are Joint Support Supplements Effective
At Discount Health Store, we have a variety of Joint Support Supplements to help relieve pain. Our Revive Active Joint Complex is a highly effective Super Supplement that helps support cartilage, bones, connective tissue, and muscle function with an all-in-one solution containing 10 key ingredients including Peptan Collagen Peptides, MSM, Glucosamine and Hyaluronic Acid. Additionally, other key ingredients include Vitamin C which contributes to the normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage, Copper and Manganese which contribute to the maintenance of normal connective tissues, and Vitamin D which contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function. For optimum results, we recommend taking Revive Active Joint Complex every day for 3 months, after which you can either continue to take a maintenance dose of 1 sachet every day, or every other day, to help keep you active and moving.
Additionally, our Solgar 7 Joint Complex is the next generation alternative after glucosamine that supports mobility, flexibility and range of motion in sensitive joints. In this breakthrough formulation, Solgar 7 brings together 7 bio-active ingredients that work to create a fast-acting approach for occasional aches and joint stresses brought on by exercise, sport, or other physical activity. With increased mobility and flexibility, Solgar 7 can help you to pursue the activities you love and get back on track fast and shows improvement in joint comfort within 7 days.
Solgar 7 Joint Complex contains:
- UC-II - a specialised form of collagen
- Boswellia - a plant that produces Indian frankincense, which has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries
- Ester-C - a patented, fast absorbing form of vitamin C, which stays in the body for up to 24 hours and supports collagen formation and is required for the normal function of cartilage and bones
Solgar 7 Joint Complex is available in 30 and 90 vegetable capsules. If you are pregnant, nursing, have any medical condition or are taking any medication please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
If you have any questions with regards to our joint supplements, feel free to reach out to our team at Discount Health Store who will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have. If you would like to read similar content, then check out our Discount Health Store blog and signup to our email newsletter!