Solgar Vitamin C 500mg 100 Capsules
Solgar Vitamin C 500mg Vegetable Capsules is an antioxidant vitamin essential to the body's health and is often seasonally used to Clear support the immune system. Vitamin C is also known to support healthy skin and joints. Also known as Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin.
Unlike most other animals, humans cannot make their own Vitamin C. With Vitamin C playing a role in more than 300 bodily functions, life itself depends on regular replenishment. Its primary function is to maintain Collagen, a protein necessary for the formation of skin, ligaments, bones and teeth, and for the strength of blood vessel walls. In addition, Vitamin C plays an important part in the absorption of Iron, which is necessary for the formation of red blood cells. It also plays a role in the utilisation of Folic Acid, one of the B-Complex Vitamins.
It is well noted that Vitamin C is destroyed by food preparation more than any other nutrient. It is also well known that the body does not store Vitamin C, but tends to excrete excess amounts.
By taking 1 of Vitamin C 500mg Vegetable Capsules, you will receive 500mg of this essential vitamin, to help fight free radicals. Free radicals can lead to oxidative stress and the premature aging of cells.
Vitamin C also contributes to:
- The normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
- The normal energy-yielding metabolism
- The normal functioning of the nervous system
- The normal psychological function
- The normal functioning of the immune system, as well as during and after intense physical exercise
- The protection of cells from oxidative stress
- The reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- The regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- The increase of iron absorption
As a food supplement for adults, one (1) Vegetable Capsule daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each Vegetable Capsule provides: Vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) 500mg