Optibac Probiotics for those on Antibiotics 10 Capsules
Who is it for?
For anyone looking for a natural probiotic supplement to take alongside a course of antibiotics.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 4 billion live cultures and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- The two strains contained in this supplement are very well researched for supporting gut & digestive health*.
- Scientifically proven to survive stomach acidity and reach the gut alive, even when taken with antibiotics.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians, and is gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Safe to take and suitable from 1 year onwards.
- Recommended for daily use over the course of 10 days alongside a typical course of antibiotics.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing probiotics.
- Available in one pack size of 10 capsules.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Food supplement suitable for adults and children, from 1 year onwards, with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, every day during your antibiotic course and for a few days afterwards or until the pack has been completed.
- Can be taken at the same time as antibiotics – this product has been clinically trialed alongside antibiotics and found to reach the gut alive.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
- Stabiliser: potato starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate; antioxidant: ascorbic acid
Each capsule guarantees 4 billion live cultures.
Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Following the taxonomic updates advised by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, a reclassification has been proposed for the rhamnosus species. The L. rhamnosus strain in ‘For those on antibiotics’ may therefore now also be known as Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11.