Nua Naturals Wheatgrass Powder 185g
- Nua Wheatgrass Powder is a fantastic source of iron. Having iron in our diet is critical because it helps to transport oxygen from our lungs throughout the body. Iron is important in our bodies because it can help to reduce fatigue and tiredness and can give us energy. Iron also helps to maintain good skin, healthy hair and nails. The high iron content in our Wheatgrass Powder is beneficial to those who are pregnant or breastfeeding; undergoing dialysis; have a gastrointestinal disorder that prevents your body absorbing iron naturally (Crohn’s disease or coeliac disease); are vegan or vegetarian; or take part in intensive exercise.
- Our Wheatgrass Powder is packed with healthy plant proteins that help to maintain muscle mass. The high content of iron helps to repair red blood cells that can often get damaged during intensive exercising. It also contains copper and Vitamin E which help to reduce oxidative stress, relieving joint and muscle pain caused by working out.
- Wheatgrass Powder works as an anti-inflammatory that helps to repair muscle damage should injury occur due to exercise. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help to relieve symptoms of arthritis as well as respiratory ailments such as sore throat or bronchitis. These are the same properties that can treat fever, ulcerative colitis (ulcers in your digestive tract), skin problems, and support healthy liver function.
- Wheatgrass is high in antioxidants that may kill cancer cells. More studies are needs to understand its anti-cancer potential, but the results of tests and experiments that have been carried out are understood to show positive effects in decreasing the spread of cancer cells. Many people ingest wheatgrass as well as undergoing traditional medical treatment for cancer as it has shown to help induce benefits of treatment when combined. It helps to boost the immune system during treatment and helps the body to detox. It has also been proven to relieve side effects caused by chemotherapy such as impaired bone barrow function and reduce toxicity level.
- Wheatgrass contains high level of enzymes which help to break down food in our bodies, helping with digestion so that our bodies can absorb nutrients. The copper and iron properties in it help to boost our normal energy-yielding metabolism, which means our bodies are absorbing all the other nutrients from the foods we eat throughout the day that sustain us and give us energy. Wheatgrass also works as a detox to clean our intestines, helping to alleviate bloating, abdominal discomfort, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Wheatgrass improves blood sugar levels which can relieve symptoms such as headaches, thirst, frequent urination, and fatigue. In the long term, high blood sugar can also lead to nerve damage and skin infections. Wheatgrass contains compounds that have an effect similar to insulin which can regulate sugar levels and keep them under control. For this reason, it can help with diabetes.
- Of all the plants in the world, wheatgrass is one of the highest known sources of chlorophyll which is fantastic for rebuilding red blood cells, boosting the immune system, and detoxing the body. It is said to improve eyesight, improve overall mental function and relieve anxiety. It has also been proven to restore hair colour and reverse greyness.
May also contain traces of nuts and/or peanuts.
Nua Naturals Wheatgrass Powder is an extremely versatile supplement to build into your diet that makes a big difference to your health. Wheatgrass is quite potent so we recommend 1-2 teaspoons daily of our Wheatgrass Powder is plenty, but as with all types of natural foods, it is best to start with small amounts and work up gradually to the recommended daily dosage.
Here are some of our favourite ways to take it:
- Dissolve into a cup of warm water for a quick and easy nutritious shot;
- Blend into smoothies, juices or milkshakes of your choice;
- Brew it into a tea or other beverage;
- Mix into hummus, pâté and use as a dip or spread;
- Include it in a salad dressing;
- Mash into soft fruit such as bananas.
- Add to porridge and yoghurts.
Organic Wheatgrass Powder 100%.